Sunday, 28 April 2013

Hellas Rally

The Hellas rally was a great experience, met old and new friends, and was a useful training experience. Greece is a friendly a beautiful country with both fast and technical terrain.


The rally started with a cautious 54th place and was 49th at the end of day 2.


On day 3 a silly navigation mistake was made whilst concentrating on a 50km speed limit. A lot of time was lost, got frustrated, and the red mist set in. As in previous rallies I was concentrating on the speed and not the navigation. Many errors and 6k from the end of the 2nd special I got lost. With over an hour wasted in navigation errors and a 2 hour penalty my position slipped to 85th.


The 4th day was cancelled due to a landslide.


10 places were made up on day 5 and managed my best special result of the rally with 42nd.


The last day was a navigation day. Struggled with ICO inaccuracy and was just happy to get to the end of the day. Gained another 3 places.


I'm happy with my riding but still need to get navigation dialled in. Will be running 2 ICO's in the next rally.

No comments:

Post a Comment