Tuesday, 27 August 2013

Dawn 2 Dusk 24hr Marathon Attempt

This is the event I have really been looking forward to and training all year for. 24 hours of hard enduro riding at the excellent Walters Arena in Wales is my type of thing. This was the event to get my 1st podium result.


7 hours in and the lap count was bang on schedule, I had no aches or pains, and was happy - except my vision was failing. The rain came in and the goggles came off and once again my eyesight was taking a battering. I carried on wanting the 26 night laps but in the end had to get to the medical tent to get my eyes cleaned out. I was missing every marker and hazard and the lap times were dropping - I was struggling!


It took many hours to get my vision back so I could ride again. Got back out in the day and finished 5th in class.


Great riding, awesome event, fantastic friends, but gutted! Next year i'll be back for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment